With over 2 billion downloads since 2020, TikTok is considered the fastest-growing social media platform. Worldwide, there are 689 million estimated active TikTok users in a month, overtaking most social media apps.
Individuals of any age can share their content for the world to see and enjoy. More than dancing and lip-syncing videos, this popular social media app is also being harnessed by businesses to promote their products and services.
Before getting started, consider the following TikTok tools you can use for your business:
- User-Generated Content. Sometimes called a sponsored content, this involves encouraging your current followers to promote your brand and services.
- For You Page. You want to appear in the TikTok-recommended videos for better reach. The app’s algorithm is responsible for determining how long it stays. The more engaging content you create, the more views and likes you generate and the longer it gets to stay.
- Hashtag Challenge. Famous brands have used this strategy to increase engagement and ultimately promote their businesses.
- Fun And Creative Content. Formal content won’t work with TikTok as it’s mainly created for entertainment. Make sure to use your creative juices to come up with engaging yet fun content to attract more followers.
- Creator Marketplace. This platform has space where brands can locate niche influencers to promote their businesses.
- TikTok Advertising. The app has recently launched its advertising program where businesses can use to promote their products and services.
If you want to know more about effective TikTok marketing strategies, consider hiring an agency like Caffeine and others to kickstart your campaign.
TikTok Promotional Ideas
Creating your content to stir brand awareness and support is easy with the following content ideas:
Customers are often motivated to continue transacting with businesses that exert effort in adding a personal touch to their products and services. Thanks to digital marketing, it’s easy to show how valuable a client is.
Check the following content ideas to stir human interest in your business without resorting to the hard-sell method:
- Introduce Yourself. Focus on what makes you and your staff interesting.
- Office Tour. Curiosity is human nature. You can’t get wrong in showing your workspace to your followers and potential customers how you work behind closed doors.
- My Day. You can also address your followers’ ‘How to be you?’ questions by showing how your day looks like. Aspiring business owners will surely appreciate this.
- Show Your Pet. Who doesn’t love cute pet videos? Showing your fur babies is always a hit. If you’re selling pet products, you’ll hit the jackpot by using your pets as brand ambassadors.
Your Business Story
Think of fun facts about your business and see if you can play with it to create fun content. Here are some ideas:
- Humble Beginnings. Everybody loves to hear success stories. If you have such a story to share about your business, be proud of your achievement.
- Business Name. If you think people will be interested to know how you came up with your one-of-a-kind business name, then it’s worth sharing. You can also discuss funny business names that didn’t make the cut.
- Showcase Your Products. This can be done alongside showing your entire product line as customers may not be fully aware of your offers.
- Promotions and Discounts. Speaking of offers, you can freely use TikTok to announce discounts, promotions, and other marketing strategies.
- Product Guides. Products usually come with manuals and instructions. But let’s face it, people don’t usually read them. Show your customers how to use your product more efficiently by uploading a how-to video.
- Service Guides. Service-oriented businesses don’t have physical products to show, but it doesn’t mean they can’t promote their business. Instead of showing the items, what you can do is highlight your most sought-after service and explain what makes it unique.
Life And Business Hacks
Another subtle way of promoting your business is to share your fundamental life principles which can be worth emulating in certain situations. You can explain how these key messages were able to improve your business and shower your life with positivity. Here are some things you can try:
- On Never Giving Up. Share an anecdote about how you used this in building your business from scratch.
- Beating The Odds. If you have an inspirational story to share, for instance, in being the only woman entrepreneur in a male-dominated industry, do it.
- Business Advice. Every entrepreneur knows that the path to a successful business is fraught with challenges. If you can share good business advice creatively, do it.
- Promote Other Businesses. Enterprises need to help each other in these trying times. Consider partnering with a small business and promote each other’s brands in your respective accounts.
Promoting your business on TikTok involves thinking out-of-the-box to stand out and become viral. The key is to craft creative and entertaining content, so you can earn more followers and expand your reach.