Fish oil as well as fish have been a part of diet and cuisine for centuries in different traditions, especially seafaring cultures. Fish oil contains two healthy and essential fats EPA and DHA. These fats are necessary for the important function of the brain and maintaining the nerve cell structure. It is a building block of cell membranes and helps in regulating cellular inflammation. Those who don’t eat fish regularly, omega 3 capsules are the best option for them to enjoy a plethora of health benefits. Fish oil or omega 3 capsules are mainly made by extracting the oil from the fish like tuna, mackerel, herring, and anchovies. Fish oil contains 30 % omega-3s and 70% other fats. It also contains vitamin D and A. But it also has some side effects. So, let us know how fish oil capsules are your friend and foe.
Why should you take fish oil?
Fatty acids are very important for enjoying the overall health. People have started to think seriously about fish oil as they got to know the importance of fatty acids in their life. Here are some health benefits that will surely compel you to incorporate the supplement in your daily life.
- Supports you in mental Disorder: 60 % of our brain is made of fat. The major part of this fat is omega-3 fatty acids. So, this fatty acid is very important for functioning the brain normally. Lower levels of omega -3 in the blood can be caused by several mental disorders. Fish oil is found effective in preventing these mental disorders. Some symptoms of bipolar and schizophrenia disorder are found to be reduced by fish oil effectively.
- Weight loss: Most people around the globe are suffering from obesity and diseases caused by it. It can increase the risk of cancer, heart risks, type 2 diabetes, and many others. Fish oil can help your body to improve the composition that will help to reduce weight in a healthy way.
- Overall Health: Omega 3 fatty acid in the fish oil helps to address many health issues including heart health, cholesterol issues, maintaining triglycerides, blood pressure, anxiety, eye health, inflammation, fatty liver, and many more. It also improves the attention and development of learning ability in the children as well as it improves the behavioral disorders in them. But try to get the omega 3 fatty acid from the natural sources rather than a supplement or ask your doctor.
Who Should Not Use omega 3 capsules?
Though omega 3 capsules are one of the best supplements if you are looking for maintaining overall health. But it doesn’t mean that anybody can take it. There are some people who should stop taking the supplements immediately.
- If you are allergic to soybeans or fish, don’t take this supplement.
- If you drink alcohol or alcoholic beverages every day.
- Having underactive thyroid
- A pancreas disorder
- Diabetes patients.
- Under 18 years.
- Liver issues.
- Any other drugs you are taking that can create a reaction with fish oil
- In pregnancy, avoid the fish oil that can be harmful to unborn babies.
Side effects Of Fish Oil:
You may be using the best fish oil capsules but if you see the allergic reaction given below stop consuming them immediately.
- Back pain.
- Unpleasant taste in your mouth
- Skin rash, itching, hives
- Belching or upset stomach
- Flu symptoms
- Body aches.
- Chest pain, or tightness in the chest
- Heartbeat fast or slow.
- Cough or cough with blood
- Difficulty in swallowing and breathing
- Dizziness, sweating, weakness, tiredness,
- Headache, bleeding gums, nose bleeding, delayed blood clot
- Can increase vaginal bleeding or menstrual flow
- Urine colored changed to dark brown or red
- The increased acid level in the stomach.
- Gas issues in the stomach
- Losing in appetite
- Vomiting or nausea
Your best omega 3 capsules bestow many beneficial effects of your health. To live an overall healthy life, these capsules are very effective. But it is also true that the supplement has its own side-effects. It can be said that fish oil capsules can be your friend and foe both. It is better to take omega 3 from the natural sources rather than supplements so that fish oil can be proved more friend than foe.