Steam Games obtained will be automatically added to the Steam Library. Users can see, install, play, or uninstall any game from the Steam Library. Steam gives the option to categorize the games in different categories. Nevertheless, you can also hide games from the Steam Library. Many games are not excellent for all ages, and you can hide these games from other users that use your Steam account. Occasionally the users can also hide the games that they don’t play to minimize the list of their Steam Library games. Users can further remove the games from their accounts if they do not like the game or don’t want it on their account anymore.
What is Hiding & Removing for Steam Games?
There is a contrast between hiding and removing a game on Steam. Hiding a game is only temporary and can be reversible, whereas removing a game from Steam will remove it permanently from your account. The hidden game can still be obtained anytime. However, once the game is removed from the account, the user will never play it except they repurchase the game.
Hiding Games from Steam Library
Steam Library list becomes large by purchasing games or playing free games. Nevertheless, you can hide the games that you don’t play anymore by utilizing the hide feature. Hiding games in the Steam Library are similar to hiding files & folders in your system. You can always see hidden games and unhide games within some clicks. Steam updates its interface often, so some of the actions may look different in the future.
- – Open your Steam client by double-clicking the shortcut or searching it through the Windows search feature.
- – Now click on the Library, then right-click on the game you want to hide and choose the Manage > Hide this game option.
- – This will hide the game from your Steam Library. You can see the hidden games by clicking on the View menu and choosing the Hidden Games option.
- – This will show all the hidden games. To unhide the game, right-click on the game and choose the Manage > Remove from Hidden option.
Removing Games from Steam Library
Removing games from the Steam Library is eliminating games from the Steam account. By removing, we do not mean uninstall but removing the game from the Steam account. This was much more challenging to do in the past, but now it is pretty simple and quick. Nevertheless, do remember that removing the game will also uninstall the game from your system. Hence, if you want to keep the game for other accounts, you should backup the game before removing it. The interface for steam is updated frequently. Hence, the steps may look different in the future. Follow the below actions to remove any game from your Steam account:
- – Open the Steam client by double-clicking the shortcut or searching it through the Windows search feature.
- – Click on the Library, then right-click on the game you want to remove and choose the Manage > Remove from account option.
- – It will give you a warning page with the details. Tap on the Remove button to permanently remove the game from your account.
- – To get the game back, you have to repurchase it from the Steam store.
Also, Check :
Also, not every game is suitable for removal. Suppose you bought a bundle of games that all unlock with a single CD key, you won’t be capable to just remove a few games from that bundle.