Microsoft Teams has a nice feature that allows you to present your ideas during meetings better. Suppose you haven’t used the Whiteboard in Microsoft Teams yet, use it next time to enhance your collaboration experience.
Is There a Whiteboard in Microsoft Teams?
Yeah, there is. Though, not many users are aware there’s a built-in Whiteboard in Microsoft Teams they can use to sketch their ideas. This is because users need to meet specific requirements to be capable of using the Whiteboard.
- This Whiteboard is available only for users within your organization.
- This feature is available only for Teams meetings and calls with at least three participants.
- You have to use Windows 10, macOS, or the web version of Teams to launch the Whiteboard.
To clarify, iOS & Android users cannot initiate sharing a whiteboard. But, they can collaborate once a Windows or Mac user has shared the Whiteboard with them.
How to Use the Whiteboard in Microsoft Teams?
Only that How to Open the Microsoft Teams Whiteboard
- On the Meeting status screen, Tap on the meeting chat.
- Then Tap on the Whiteboard tab.
- Feel free to Utilize the pens to write down your ideas.
- Optionally, you can also click on the Open Share Tray.
- Then, choose the whiteboard icon located in the lower right corner of the screen.
You will then be asked if you want to collaborate or present.
- Suppose you select the Present whiteboard option, only you can edit the Whiteboard. Though, you can change these settings later and allow other participants to edit the Whiteboard as well.
- Suppose you select the Collaborate option, and all the attendees will be capable of editing it.
The toolbar & pens are available across the top of the screen. You can pick one of the cells and start writing on the canvas with your mouse. Or you can Tap on the Text box and type your ideas on the Whiteboard using your keyboard. Also, You can then use the pens to underline your text.
You can now easily zoom in and out as much as you want. Or you can drag your text in whatever directions you want. It creates an infinite canvas. So, In other words, you can expand the canvas as much as you need.
Sharing the Whiteboard in Microsoft Teams
You can share the Whiteboard. There are two choices available: you can either export the Whiteboard as an SVG image or generate a whiteboard link that you can share with other people.
⇒ Important Notes:
- Suppose you record a Teams meeting, and the Whiteboard won’t be visible on the video recording.
- Well, Users can continue to collaborate and work on the Whiteboard even after the meeting has ended.
- This Whiteboard is available to all the Teams meeting chat participants. Now, You can find it in the Whiteboard tab.
- Suppose you use the Microsoft Whiteboard app on Windows 10 or Mac, you can find the board gallery’s meeting whiteboard.
- This option is not available for iOS & Android users.
Step Up Your Game
The Whiteboard in Microsoft Teams is pretty limited. So, You only have a few pens to write with a pencil and a text box. Suppose you want to take note-taking on a whiteboard to the next level, you can download the stand-alone Microsoft Whiteboard App.
Alternatively of four pens and a pencil, you can now use multiple cells, a marker, post-it notes, a lasso to select various areas, an Undo and Redo button and more.
Also, Check :
Now you know very well about Whiteboard in Microsoft Teams has a nice feature that enables you to present your ideas during meetings better.