There is no doubt that Quickbooks is one of the best account software in present times with multiple functionalities. There are many smalls and large enterprises that use Quickbooks for a practical accounting-related solution for their businesses. Since the software is loaded with numerous features and functionalities, it utilizes a considerable amount of Coding. And as it is heavy software that uses various metrics to provide multiple functionalities, some basic errors are imminent and unavoidable at times. However, these are fundamental errors that the user itself can solve.
On the other hand, Intuit Inc, the parent company of Quickbooks, makes sure that the users are provided the best possible support at all times. Quickbooks File Doctor is one such support tool that a user can use to eliminate such basic compatibility errors. In this article, we will be focusing on the elimination of Quickbooks Error 6189. We will tell you all the methods in simple steps that can be used to resolve this error quickly.
But before we move on to the solution, you must be aware of what the error is and the reasons behind the occurrence of this error. Let’s understand why this error occurred in the first place. This will help you in resolving the error more efficiently.
What is Quickbooks Error 6189?
No matter how the software, some of the other errors, or issues mostly occur during their use. The Quickbooks Error 6189 is one such common QuickBooks-related error that appears while using the accounting software. This error can be linked to the issue related to the accessibility of the QuickBooks file.
When you try to open a company file, it won’t open and give the error -6189. We will tell you how to resolve the error. But first, let us tell you about the possible reasons that lead to this error.
Reasons behind the occurrence of Quickbooks Error 6189:
Errors in software can occur due to various reasons. Similarly, the mistakes in QuickBooks are linked to multiple issues. It can be occurring due to a software issue, compatibility issue, or some other problem. The Quickbooks Error 6189 might possibly arise due to the below-mentioned reasons
- Trying to access a Quickbooks file that is already in use or is being edited by another user
- Incomplete process of Quickbooks installation or downloading the corrupted Quickbooks installation file
- Trying to access a Quickbooks file placed in a folder to which the user has limited or no access
- Incorrect entry in the Windows registry due to incomplete or inaccurate installation of the Quickbooks software
- Malware or virus resulting in the corruption of Quickbooks program file
- A recent programing change in QuickBooks results in corruption of the Windows registry for Quickbooks
- Non-verified or pirated Windows OS can be a possible cause
- Accidental removal of important device driver from the system, essential for the functioning of QuickBooks
You will also like to know about: Best Ways to Fix a 100% Disk Usage on Windows 10
How to solve the QuickBooks error 6189?
Here are the best working methods to resolve Quickbooks error 6189 in simple and easy steps.
Method 1 | Using the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
Quickbooks File Doctor is an efficient tool that can be used to eliminate a large number of Quickbooks errors in a few simple steps. It is one of the most efficient tools that Quickbooks users must have. Here is how to use the Quickbooks File Doctor to eliminate the error -6189
Steps to follow:
- Download the Quickbook File Doctor tool from the official website of the Intuit Inc. Quickbooks
- Next, Open the downloaded file to install the Quickbooks File Doctor
- Run this tool on the system where you have the Quickbooks software installed
- Wait for the tool to analyze and fix the error.
- Once the tool has completed its process, click on Finish to exit the tool
- Close all the windows, restart your system
- Next, once you have logged in to Windows, open QuickBooks and use it
Method 2 | Open a Sample Company File
You can use some of the internal software options as well to remove this error from occurring. Here are the steps that will allow you to revolve the QB error 6189 using a sample company file
Steps to Follow:
- Launch the Quickbooks application window
- Navigate to the “No Company Open window”
- Click on the “Open a Sample File “option
- Next, select the “random company file” option in the concurrent window
- Check if the same error message is occurring on your screen. If this is the case, repair your Quickbooks installation file
- If the sample file opens, then follow the next method
Method 3 | Closing all Quickbooks processes from Task manager
To implement this method, you must be logged in to Windows as System Administrator on the server-hosted computer.
Steps to follow:
- Open the task manager. You can open in from the control panel or simply pressing the “Ctrl + Shift + Esc” keys together on your keyboard.
- After that, choose the users to see all the processes that the users have started.
- Next, select all the Quickbooks related processes like the “QBW32.exe, qbupdate.exe, QBDBMgr.exe “
- After selecting all these processes from all the users, click on the “End Task” button. This will terminate all the QuickBooks-related processes from all the users.
- Now, close the task manager and start Quickbooks. You can finally access the company file in multiuser mode.
Method 4 | Using single-user mode
If you still cannot access your company file and get the Quickbooks error -6189, you can try using the single user mode to access the company file.
Steps to follow:
- Log out all the users from your QuickBooks company file
- Restart the computer
- Now, copy the original company file from its original location (A) to a different secure location (B). (Delete the file from the original site)
- Please restart your computer, now copy the company file back to its original location (A) from the secure location (B)
- Sign in back to the Quickbooks software, and use the file.
Various methods can be used to resolve one particular error appearing while operating the Quickbooks software. We hope that the methods mentioned above resolved the Quickbooks Error 6189 for you. Leave feedback in the comment box below if you were able to eliminate the priorly mentioned error.