For your beard hair to be smart and attractive needs to be well maintained. A comb or brush is among the components needed for maintaining your beard clean and healthy. On which tool to use will majorly depend on the kind of beard hair you have. Below are the major differences between beard straightener comb & brush.
Difference Between Beard Straightener Comb & Brush
- Beard brush is a tool used by men in grooming their hair and maintaining them healthy. A beard brush has several components which include bristle handle and body. Beard comb is also a tool used by men in straightening their hair and looking neat. The comb consists of teeth, handle and the body.
- Beard brushes come with synthetic or animal hair bristles while beard combs have teeth made of natural, smooth or hard material that will straighten your hair.
- Beard brush will help in reducing frizz & tangles & it will redistribute oils all through your hair uniformly while beard comb doesn’t.
- Beard Combs are made using thinner material which makes them more portable than Beard Brushes hence they can be easily transported. It can fit in your bag or pocket.
- Beard comb can be used while your hair is still wet because it is made to work out on the knots while your beard is still soft. With beard brush, you need to dry your hair first because it is made to remove dead skin-cells & force your beard-hairs to face in a certain direction. This will help in styling the beard easily.
- Beard comb is made to easily be used on long and tangled hair which beard brushes won’t work well if your beard hair is very long & when your hair is still wet.
- Beard combs are much easier to clean after use, unlike beard brush. It’s always good to clean your tools after use.
- Beard comb is best for use with scissors when trimming your beard. This will help you in maintaining the cut length and as a result, you will have an even and uniform look.
- When you need to direct the beard hair away from your mouth, a beard comb is the best tool to use.
Benefits Of Using A Beard Brush
- Your beard hair will be less dry & itchy
- It helps in stimulating blood flow
- Offers natural exfoliation
- Makes one’s beard look fuller & thicker
- Brushing will reduce the chances of breaking your beard
Benefits Of Using A Beard Comb
- Beard comb is best used as a de-tangler
- A comb helps in massaging your follicles & the skin below your beard.
- Beard comb helps one in getting rid of ingrown hairs
- A beard comb will help you in having the beard style you like
- It helps in keeping the beard clean
- Helps in keeping your beard moist
What to Consider When Buying a Beard Comb or Brush
- The type of material used to make the teeth or bristle
- Size of teeth or bristle
- Handle comfort
- The size of the comb or brush
Beard comb and brush are essential elements in any man’s beard grooming. Any of this is best for use on different hair sizes and states. In terms of portability, beard combs it the product to go for. For short hair, a beard brush will work the best.