There has been an increasing number of threats to cybersecurity space in every organization. These threats have exposed the limitations and flaws of the traditional reactive approach been taken by organizations to counter it. These traditional approaches, such as endpoint detection and response(EDR), network traffic analysis(NTA), and security information and event management(SIEM), provide only layered visibility into attacks.
An upgrade or something much more effective than a layered approach is required to fight these threats. So XDR Extended Detection and Response is the best option and an alternative to traditional reactive approaches.
Extended Detection and Response(XDR) is a new approach to threat detection and response. It is a very good measure in defending an organization’s data and infrastructure from unauthorized access and misuse. While others provide a purely-reactive approach to cybersecurity XDR enables an organization to proactively protect itself against cyber threats by providing unified visibility across multiple attack vectors.
XDR delivers visibility into data across networks, endpoints, applications, and clouds while applying analytics and automation to detect, analyze, hunt, and remediate present and future threats.
Benefits of XDR Extended Detection and Response
Since the XDR, we now have more visibility and context into threats. Occurrences that would not have been recognized before will surface to a higher level of awareness, thereby allowing security teams to quickly focus and eliminate any further impact and reduce the severity and scope of the attack.
- Improved Productivity: Thanks to Extended Detection Response(XDR) security analysts no longer need to switch between multiple dashboards and manually aggregate security data. With XDR security analysts now detect and respond to threats effectively.
- Integrated Visibility: Extended Detection Response provides integrated security visibility which enables security analysts to gain context about every incoming potential threat to their security without needing to learn and use different platforms. This, in return, saves time and reduces stress.
- Lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO): XDR has a fully integrated cybersecurity that helps an organization to reduce every cost associated with configuring and integrating multiple point solutions in-house.
- Analyst Support: XDR allows an organization to run common management and workflow experience across its entire security infrastructure. So with this, training requirements are reduced, and Tier 1 analysts will also be able to operate at a higher level than they would normally have.
- Single Pane of Glass Management: Configuration of security settings can be done from a single pane of glass across the entire enterprise network. And this ensures that consistent security policies can be enforced despite a diverse network infrastructure.
- Unified Remediation: Another benefit XDR provides is to centralize and unify incident response capabilities across all of the environments composing an enterprise network which enables security personnel to efficiently and rapidly remediate the widespread attacks against the organization.
Challenges faced during the implementation of SIEM
SIEM is not easy to use or implement in tiny and midsized business enterprises. They’re mostly very compounded and need specialised reinforcement during every stage.
The episode logs cool-headed from various devices lack standardization in their administration procedure.
The exact breadth of examining becomes tough while different sections of an organization do not obey general motive and principle.
With millions of cautions and warnings produced, SIEM demands 24×7 inspecting by proficient experts.
The heavy assistance and maintenance is not something that every industry can bear and sustain.
These over-ensuring solutions are worryingly very moderate while conveying the needed database.
The SIEM databases reports are there in the form of integrated displays, creating it harder to extract faster insights into condemning converts. The boundless amount of data logs created could be difficult to understand, even though the information is obtainable when in a composed format.
SIEM solutions produce an uncontrollable integer of unrelated alarms will not give visibility into relevant events. The attentive signals and alarms, more does not compulsorily perform better. More often, SIEM solutions wind up signaling for situations which are not malicious, that can mean potentially dangerous changes get lost at the lower part of the stack.
If one has observed SIEM solutions before, then you must be possibly well knowledge of the ceaselessly excessive costs entangled with disposal, amalgamation, tutoring and management. More frequently you have to recruit highly experienced costly architects and building consultants to get useful and quality information from your SIEM solution.
Complicated deployment process
The business organizations generally peep into venturing in SIEM solutions because they have a highly priority need for one. Deploying and amalgamating a SIEM solution may usually take months, as the command and algorithms dealt with it need to be authorised and revenged frequently.
Every enterprise needs XDR protection to function efficiently. It is of great importance that every organization gets a program that intelligently brings together all relevant security data and reveals advanced threats. Enterprises need proactive and unified security measures to defend the entire landscape of technology assets, spanning legacy endpoints, cloud workloads, and mobile without overburdening staff and in-house management resources.