If you seek adventurous tour, then you should visit Alleppey. This small quaint town is located in the beautiful state of Kerala. It is also bestowed with numerous natural beauties. To enjoy your adventure to the maximum, make sure to plan in advance your tour, especially if you are travelling in a group. There are indeed lots of things to be done during the tour, ranging from trekking, to spa to houseboating to backwater cruises. The list of activities is simply endless.
It is also stated to be the perfect blend of adventure, spirituality, splendour and traditions. It tends to attract people from all backgrounds and ages, nature buffs, devotees, adventure enthusiasts and adventure. There are also several solitary spots to spend quality time. This town is also popularly referred to as ‘Venice of India due to its sky blue lagoons, mesmerizing beaches and endless backwaters.
Things to do during the visit
- Royal Krishnapuram Palace: If you like to explore culture and history of this town, then this is the best place to start your tour. Krishapuram Palace should be part of your itinerary. It once served as the royal palace of the Travancore rulers and was constructed by Anzhiam Thirunal Marthanda Varma. It is also considered to be the epitome of Kerala’s ancient history and architecture. Presently, it is a museum and exhibits priceless sculptures, bronze antiques, relics and canvas paintings. The palace architectural style comprises of gabled roofs, dome-shaped windows and narrow corridors. It reflects South India’s classic art.
- Exotic Backwaters: The mesmerizing backwaters are something you are sure to fall in love with. You should be avail the backwater cruise package and get to spend a couple of days here. You should book the best luxury houseboats in alleppey to have a memorable time. You can have a romantic time with your beloved one or enjoy time with friends. Do have a great leisurely stay with your family at Kettuvallams. You also can have a visual treat with the paddy fields all around. Houseboat rides can also be booked on Pallathuruthy and Pukaitha River.
- Kuttanad: This place is considered by nature lovers as a real paradise due to its lush green blanket. It is rather located in a visually appealing, but serene location, far away from the rush of the city, thereby offering tourists with a peaceful escape. For those desiring to be away from the city, this is indeed an ideal getaway weekend destination. It covers a large part of Alappuzha along with some areas in Kottayam district. This place is also regarded to be Kerala’s rice bowl. Its geography is however, quite peculiar. It is stated to be the country’s lowest altitude place as it is two metres below sea level. You can also get to view the charismatic sceneries that will compel you to come back again for more.
- Spa & Ayurveda: You may visit the beautiful town of Alleppey during any season. You should avail Ayurveda Massages here. You can easily come across numerous Ayurvedic spas where there are employed specialists to provide various types of traditional Ayurvedic massages using exotic oils that are used for thousands of years. This place is something special and you are sure to feel refreshed and get relief from body pain and stress. There are offered various types of massages to treat different kinds of body ailments. Some specialists also offer beach massages. Do remember to choose only authentic service.
- Snake Boat Festival: Besides the serene locations and natural landscapes, Alleppey is also known for its exciting adventure sports. Snake boat festival is quite popular attracting tourists not only from all over the country, but also from across the globe. Long boats can be found to race down the spectacular waters of Lake Punnamada. Every boat is said to accommodate about 20 to 50 participants. You can easily see the great enthusiasm in the participants. This race is held during Onam festival in August month, fascinating numerous photo fanatics and sports enthusiasts. You can also watch practice sessions.
- Religion and Spirituality: This beautiful town has also managed to retain its past cultural heritage, history, religion and spirituality. There are numerous temples that are visited by devotees in thousands throughout the year. Ambalappuzha Sri Krishna temple is the oldest temple here. It is popular for its pond and beautiful carvings. ‘Aarti’ is held during the evening hours, attended by local devotees and tourists alike. Once aarti is completed, Paal Payasam is offered to the devotees (an offering made of milk porridge).If you are religious at heart, then you may visit Nataraja Temple, Chettikulangara Bhagavathy temple, St. Mary’s Church, Florence Forane Church, Latin Catholic Church, etc.
- Luxurious Homestay: It is an ideal place for backpackers and those who just cannot think life without travelling. Alleppey homestays offer its guests with customized services, thereby enhancing fun and excitement. They also assure privacy including the opportunity to enjoy your vacation as desired.
- Pozhiyoram to enjoy beautiful sunset view: Alleppey is pooler for its thrilling sunset views. Pozhiyoram, a beach here is the place to enjoy sunset scenes and water sports. You can also get to view the rivers merging into the beach’s backwaters. Pozhiyoram beach is considered to be a real treat for all nature lovers and photo fanatics. You can take along your camera to capture the beach with your beloved one and the setting sun as the backdrop
- Tasty food: You can taste here authentic Keralian food. Alleppey does offer a variety of food choices to serve both non-vegetarian and vegetarians. Even now, most restaurants here serve food on banana leaves as it is considered to be healthy. The delicious regional cuisines with moderate spicy flavour are sure to make you want more of it. A few popular food served here are Chickpea Curry, Fish Curry and Vada.
You may book the best luxury houseboats in alleppey over the web in advance to ensure you do not miss on this exciting adventure.