Repairing a damaged and corrupted file is extremely hard. However, most QuickBooks users deal with the issue while using the software. If you are also dealing with the same problem, then read this article till the end to resolve the error from your system.
QuickBooks is a retail management application that helps users to manage their transactions and records. It provides many useful tools and features that help to keep the records much more effectively. Besides some great features, QuickBooks is prone to errors and issues. We will try to discuss some of the best and effective methods in this article to resolve problems from your system. In this article, we will majorly talk about File Doctor, and how to use the tool.
QuickBooks File Doctor
QuickBooks File Doctor tool helps the user to resolve the corrupted and damaged company files. Using the tool you can easily repair the data corruption. There are a variety of errors that can be repaired using File Doctor. Intuit developed the tool in 2012. However, before launching this tool, users have two QuickBooks tools that helped them to fix the issues, are QuickBooks network connectivity diagnostic tool and QuickBooks company file diagnostic tool.
Before moving further into the solutions, let us first discuss the various errors that can be resolved by QuickBooks File Doctor.
Errors That Can Be Resolved Using QuickBooks File Doctor
|Unable to open company file||Error -6150|
|Error 6000 -82||QuickBooks Error -6000 -305|
|QuickBooks Error -6000 -301||Error code -6147|
|QuickBooks Error -6130 or 6150||Missed or blank lists for customers, vendor,s or employees|
|Damaged company file|
Advantages of Using QuickBooks File Doctor
- QuickBooks File Doctor will help you to resolve the network problem.
- If you have lost some information then the file doctor will help you to get rid of the problem.
- Errors like the QuickBooks 6000 series can be easily resolved using the QuickBooks File Doctor.
- The users who are facing the H101, H202, H303, or H505 errors can also use the software to resolve the problem from your system.
- This tool will also allow access to the company file that is stored in some other system.
There are many essential points to know before using the QuickBooks File Doctor.
- If you already have an existing Quickbooks File Doctor, then you first need to uninstall the old version first.
- It is recommended to use the external file doctor tool. The latest version of QuickBooks was released in 2015.
- You can easily use the File Doctor with all the versions of QuickBooks for any Windows version.
- QuickBooks File Doctor is not portable with the MAC version of QuickBooks.
- Two types File Doctor:
- Built-in File Doctor- for QuickBooks 2016 and later versions.
- QuickBooks File Doctor stand alone version.
Is Your QuickBooks File Doctor Tool Compatible?
- The tool is compatible with QuickBooks Desktop 2016. The File Doctor is QuickBooks built-in tool.
- However, keep in mind that the tool is not compatible with any MAC version.
- Network Diagnosis and Repair: Use the Admin Login
- QB File Repair- Not Mandatory for Installing
- Multi-User Repair and Diagnosis- Check if the QuickBooks Hosting is ON or Off.
Use the QuickBooks File Doctor
- First of all, you need to uninstall the existing tool and then install the latest version of the QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Go to the official website of the Intuit QuickBooks and then download the QB File Doctor.
- Hit on the Run button.
- After downloading the tool, click on it and then follow the on screen instruction.
- The above steps will complete the installation process. After installing the tool use the WIndows TaskBar to open the software. You can also double click on the icon to open the tool.
- From the drop down list look for the company file,
- Hit on the browse option and then navigate the tool on your system.
- Select the button Check file damage only.
- Press on the Diagnosis file and apply the basic fix.
- File Doctor will help you with two option to choose from:
- If you are facing the problem of 6000 series then the company file is damaged and you can fix the issue by choosing the first option.
- The errors like H101, H202, H303, and H505 can also be resolved.
- Type the Company File Admin Password and then hit the Next button.
- Select the two options to continue the scanning and then resolve the issue.
- Choose the option Workstation, if you are operating the troubleshooting on a client’s computer.
- Select the Server in case button to troubleshoot and diagnose the error of QuickBooks client computer that means the QB company folder.
- Hit the Yes button if you are working on the QuickBooks server and press NO if you are working on the QB Workstation.
- Wait for the diagnosing to end and resolve any possible error.
- Once the process is over, close the QBFD tool.
Hopefully, the article helped you to resolve the company file repair issue using QuickBooks File Doctor.