As a small business owner, you have likely been asked to create an explainer video for your company. These videos are becoming increasingly popular as a way to get more information about your brand and products in front of potential customers. If you’re wondering how to market these videos effectively, the following article will offer proven ideas that are helpful.
How To Market Your Explainer Videos?
One of the best ways to market your explainer videos is by using a marketing campaign. This includes email campaigns, press releases, and social media posts that are thoughtfully planned out to coincide with the release date for your video. As you’re planning this type of campaign, be sure to include any partners or influencers who can help spread the word about it, such as bloggers in related industries.
You should also use online ads on sites like YouTube so potential customers will see them when searching for similar content. Even if they don’t click through immediately due to other distractions, there’s always a chance they’ll return later and purchase from you after seeing all the great benefits of what you have to offer while watching an instructional video.
Before that, let’s discuss what an explainer video is – it’s a short video that explains your company and its products in the simplest terms for people who may not be as familiar with it.
Some of the other benefits you can get from an explainer video is increased customer retention, more sales opportunities, better quality leads, higher conversion rates and improved brand recognition. It all starts by creating the perfect message to convey to potential customers about what they’ll find when they come across your products or services – even if they don’t understand them at first glance through their confusion.
The importance of branding and consistency is also one of the best things you can do for your company. Branding and consistency can help make compelling video content. An animated explainer video is a great way to get your branded message across and can help solidify the consistency of your company’s marketing efforts.
They can more easily comprehend the idea behind what you are trying to offer them when it is communicated in visual form with voice-over narration. Animated videos also provide more information than text alone could ever give, which helps reduce any confusion there might be for potential customers – especially those who speak other languages or need things explained in detail. The last thing anyone wants is for their potential customer base not fully understanding what we want them to know.
To market your explainer videos, you need to:
- Start running ads. This is the most surefire way of knowing how your content will perform out in the digital space, and it’s also great for testing different keywords, placements, and other factors that affect search performance.
- Build an email list by setting up and using popups after people have watched specific videos – this is where you’re going to get information from them about their contact info and demographic data so they can be targeted more effectively.
- Create social media accounts for your company, blog posts with links back to related pages of yours, etcetera. You need these things to market your content correctly.
- Build a website with pages for each project highlighting its different components(example: intro video, outro video, text) and have a link for people to contact you about it.
- Use social media sites to create an instant community that will help promote your content – this is also good because these platforms tend to be used by younger generations who are more likely interested in what you do/offer.
- Search up on keywords related to your type of industry (ex: “explainer videos” if you’re making them), so they can find relevant articles written about how effective specific strategies are when marketing something similar and other ways that work just as well. This way, not only does information filter down from high ranking sources but through word of mouth too.
Where To Market An Explainer Video
The best place to market your explainer videos effectively is online. Blogs, social media channels such as Facebook or Twitter, Google AdWords advertising – all are great places for you to share your animated videos and get noticed by those who might benefit from what you have created.
This allows people to view your video without having to go elsewhere, and the more they watch it (and like it!), the higher chance you have of getting shared or even rank high on Google searches for relevant keywords.
When choosing a social media channel to market an explainer video, try posting your videos in groups related to what yours is about so people can easily find them and share with friends that might be interested as well. Just make sure not spamming other unrelated channels will give a wrong impression of who you are.
And last but not least, the more people know about my explainer videos the better chance of building a following and getting shared or even rank high on Google searches for relevant keywords.
What Are The Benefits Of Marketing With A Video?
Video Marketing content the right way can increase exposure, improve ranking, and increase customer conversion.
There are many ways you can market with videos, but there are some things that work better than others. Research shows that most people make their purchasing decisions after watching a product demonstration on YouTube or social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram.
What’s more, according to the Organic Search Ranking Factors study by Moz in 2017, about 47% of all Google search queries include at least one word related to videos. If someone is trying to find information online about how something works, they will often watch a video before reading any text content.
That being said, it’s essential not just to create any old video as this may mean customers never get past the first few seconds – which, by the way, is all they might need to make a decision.
To help you get started with this process, here are some steps that have been shown to work well:
- Decide on your target audience and what type of video will resonate best with them.
- Do as much research about your competitors’ videos so that yours can be better tailored accordingly
- Create content for social media platforms or any other channels where customers may look for information regarding how something works.
- Consider creating an email list and sending out content periodically (for example, every other week) that is not only informative but also entertaining to keep people coming back for more.
- Start by going after influencers in relevant areas.
- Market to the right people.
- Create an effective sales pitch.
- Give access without going overboard.
- Make your content readily available.
- Keep your website live with fresh content.
- Offer quality customer service.
Knowing how to market your explainer videos will make a massive difference to your business’s success. Your content should be shareable, and you should post a newsletter subscription form so that visitors can stay updated about the products they saw in the newsletter and keep them coming back by updating both product descriptions and prices regularly.