Varicose veins are more common than you may know. If statistics are to be believed, varicose veins affect nearly 10-30 percent of the people across the globe. This is certainly not a negligible number to ignore.
The increase in the cases of varicose veins has a direct relation with the lifestyle, eating habits, and bodyweight of the person. The fast pace of life and binging on fast food are to be majorly blamed for varicose veins. In addition to this, the constant heavy pressure can increase the chances of forming varicose veins.
What exactly are varicose veins?
When the valves of the veins stop functioning properly, it leads to pooling of blood inside them. The collection of blood in the veins causes them to swell up and become entangled. These are considered as the superficial major veins that tend to bulge out through the skin surface as a result of the damage.
Varicose veins develop gradually over months. As the condition tends to get serious more and more symptoms tend to turn up.
Common yet crucial signs of varicose veins that you should never ignore:
- The constant feeling of heaviness- The accumulated blood can exert a great deal of pressure against the walls of the veins. As a result, the person may experience heaviness in the legs and your legs may feel a little tired especially towards the end of the day.
- Itchiness and tenderness of the affected skin- If the vein walls become too weak, the pooled blood can leak out. This can lead to inflammation and your skin may feel tender to touch. Moreover, blood leakage to the skin and the inflammation can hinder proper oxygen supply to the skin and cause a condition called venous stasis dermatitis. As a result, you may notice a lot of itching as well.
- Unusual warmth or burning sensation- If you notice a little warmth or burning sensation in the leg, this may indicate the presence of varicose veins. The burning sensation and feeling of warmth are also the result of blood leakage and the associated inflammation.
- Heightened pain after remaining seated or standing for a few hours- Long hours of sitting or standing continuously can hinder the upward flow of blood towards the heart. Poor blood circulation in the legs can thus aggravate the blood pooling inside the veins. Consequently, the pain and swelling in your legs may increase after long hours of inactivity.
- Twisted enlarged out veins- This is probably the most prominent sign of varicose veins. You may notice bluish-red veins visible underneath the skin. These veins may also be a little hardened and twisted.
What to do next?
Once you notice some or all of the above-mentioned signs of varicose veins, it’s time to adopt curative steps to get fast relief from the condition. It is really important to grasp that varicose veins not just look unappealing, they have deteriorating effects on the entire vascular system.
Tips to effectively manage the signs of varicose veins
- Drink lots of fluids and stay hydrated. Doing so helps in thinning the blood and thus ensures proper circulation of blood throughout the body.
- Ditch your sedentary lifestyle and adopt a healthy one. A little exercise and yoga can go a long way in alleviating your discomfort.
- Try to keep your legs elevated while sitting or laying down. Use a couple of towels or pillows to achieve the purpose. This would facilitate the flow of blood towards the heart.
- Refrain from indulging in high-intensity exercises. Try to keep the pressure and strain off of your legs.
- If you are a smoker, it is high time you quit. This would prevent any further damage to your veins.
- Wear compression stockings while carrying on with routine tasks. This would help ease the pain and swelling.
- If the discomforts become worse, ask your doctor for pain-relieving medications.
These management tips can be quite effective but they do not provide a permanent solution to the problem of varicose veins.
For permanent riddance from varicose veins…
You can get rid of these painful varicose veins in just one day through the modern laser treatment. Laser treatment for varicose veins is a highly accurate procedure that uses a laser beam to shut down the ends of the damaged varicose veins.
When this happens, the blood flow through these veins is cut off and gets rerouted through healthier veins. In the absence of blood flow, the varicose veins collapse and gradually scar away.
The advanced laser varicose veins treatment is a 100% non-invasive procedure, which means that no incisions or cuts need to be carried out on the body. The entire surgery is absolutely painless and you can even return home on the same day as the procedure. There is no risk of complications and the treatment has a high success rate. Your doctor will just ask you to follow a few tips and you’ll recover completely in less than a week.
Owing to its several advantages over the conventional varicose veins treatment, many vascular specialists are now shifting to modern laser treatment. If you are dealing with the symptoms of varicose veins and are looking for a reliable healthcare provider for the treatment, you can contact Pristyn Care.
They are partnered with some of the best vascular surgeons and hospitals in almost all the major cities of India and have a great track record in treating varicose veins patients. All you need to do is give them a call and the medical coordinators at Pristyn Care will guide you through the rest of the process.
Varicose veins can certainly be quite troublesome but an early diagnosis and treatment can save you from struggling with the pain and swelling of varicose veins for long. Therefore, it is important that you look out for any signs or symptoms and get in touch with a specialist without delay if you notice the symptoms. A proactive approach and the right treatment procedures would definitely help you lead a trouble-free and healthy life.